Podcast #185 – Karen Dunn Skinner & David Skinner on Lean in Law Firms — Lean Blog: “Mark Graban’s guests for episode #185 are Karen Dunn Skinner and David Skinner and the topic, for the first time on the Podcast, is Lean in law firms and the legal profession. David and Karen are husband and wife, attorneys, from Quebec, and consultants for their firm Gimbal.”
Loved this podcast. Very instructive to dig into a different industry striving to implement Lean Principles.
Items discussed in the podcast:
- How do Lean methods apply in a Law firm?
- What are some benefits to the clients and the firm itself?
- How do you get past the “we don’t build cars” objection?
- How widespread is Lean in the legal profession?
- How did Karen and David discover Lean (and Six Sigma) as attorneys?
- What’s the balance between using Lean and/or Six Sigma in law?
- How can standardized work and checklists help?
- Why are legal clients dissatisfied with the pricing and quality of legal work?
- How do you strike a balance between law being an art vs. being a process?
Thank you Mark, Karen and David for sharing.